Wednesday 21 July 2010

Then There Were Two!






I really shouldn't look at the small ads! There is a particular on-line site I enjoy browsing, which is how I found my donkey cart; having a look through it last week I found another cart that was being offered so cheaply I though it must be in an awful state, but as it was very local we decided to go and have a look at it, thinking that if there was not too much work to be done we could smarten it up and sell it on.

Off we went last Saturday morning to find the seller's property. When we saw the cart we couldn't believe it, it was in better condition than the other one we had already bought! The man selling it explained he was doing so on behalf of someone else and he thought the price was ridiculously cheap and he was right. Anyway we had a good look round it but could find nothing really wrong so we couldn't really walk away, could we? On Saturday afternoon we took our trailer back and collected our latest acquisition, brought it home and unloaded. Richard decided to give it a good wash, and that made such a difference; without all the old dust and grime on it the varnished wood looked so much better, to the extent that we don't think we'll do much to it apart from changing the floor boards which are a bit wood wormy and making a new, padded seat and back rest.

Are we going to sell it? I'm not sure, but I don't think so! It is a cart that has a lot of character and a very traditional style for this area and can be used by either Mack or Mabel although I think Mabel, being taller, would suit it better. I still love the little gig we bought first so there is no reason we can't go out for a drive with a donkey each. We'll have to have young Eeyore walking alongside!



No comments:

Post a Comment